Monday, October 20, 2008

Japan

Well I am back on the road again. A "short" 13hr flight in economy class later, and here I am in Tokyo. Although I am not keen on flying to Asia anymore, because it takes too long to get there, and I have been multiple times. I still enjoy going to Japan. For the most part, the Japanese are kind, polite and patient people. As long as it doesn't involve waiting in line (they are big butters) or riding their bikes on the sidewalk (everyone in Haneda does it, from kids to grandmas).

I was really excited about Japanese curry, which I never see in Japanese restaurants in North America. The humble curry is completely ignored. Everyone imagines bright reds, greens, yellows, but not the brown stew-ish looking curry from Japan. I find the mild and fruity taste delightful and the flavour lingers. Not to mention it has multiple uses, the sauce can go on omelettes, in dough balls, or on rice. Oh the possibilities!

No comments: