Monday, September 3, 2007

Its all about the travel

I wanted to write a blog about my travel experiences as a woman traveler, a solo traveler and a business traveler. Although I am sure there are millions of blogs about travel, I think my unique combination will make for some interesting if not entertaining stories.

Since I was a little girl, I always dreamed about traveling the world. I was fascinated by stamps of the pyramids, I would watch travel shows and drool. I think I equated travel with adventure, and was always eager for adventure. Believe it or not, there was a time when I lived in New Brunswick, I was so excited to drive over the border to Bangor, Maine just for the day. Those days of such tiny pleasures are long gone, but the sheer thrill of being in a new country still remains with me.

Currently, I have my dream job. I get paid to travel all over the world to inspect kitchens that prepare the food for the airlines. Before that, I indulged in a three month Australia and south East Asia backpacking trip. Where I spent all my money on scuba diving in the first month of my trip, and was forced to pick tomatoes, so I could continue to spend more money on scuba diving.

My first trip outside of North America was at 18 to Brazil. I have since been to 35 countries in 7 years. With the majority of those countries being visited in the past two years. I have had some good times, bad times, and worse times, but when I look back on it all, I can't help but smile.

No comments: